Sunday, June 23, 2013

Calendars and Calendars+ by Readdle: Excellent Google Calendar App for the iPad

I have never been completely happy with the calendar app I have been using on my iPad. I have been using the Google Search app for both my email and my calendar, and it has worked fine for email, but the calendars feature has a great deal of quirks causes quite a bit of frustration. Since our school district uses Google Apps, being able to sync multiple Google calendars is a must with any calendar app I use on my tablet. With those needs in mind, I think I have found an excellent calendar app that meets all my needs: it is Calendars or Calendars+ by Readdle. Calendars is simply the free version of Calendars+, both by Readdle.

While there appears to be a bit of a learning curve with this app, Calendars+ by Readdle has these features that make it a much better way to manage my calendars than Google Search.
  • The Calendars app has a much more pleasing and intuitive interface, which more closely mirrors Google Calendar on the desktop.
  • Users can drag and drop events.
  • Syncs with all of you Google Calendars so you can access them all on your iPad or iPhone.
  • Manage all your Calendars. This is especially useful for me since I have multiple district calendars to work with. However, according to the web site, this feature is available only with Calendars+, the paid version of the app.
Calendars by Readdle (the Free version of the app) and Calendars+ by Readdle are an excellent choice if you are looking for a versatile app that syncs and works with all your Google Calendars. For more information about the free app Calendars check it out here. For Calendars+ (the paid version of this app), check here.

Calendars and Calendars+ by Readdle

2 comments:

  1. Just out of curiosity, how do you find it syncs with outlook calendar function as our school uses Outlook email and calendar function while my personal calendars are Google. Any insight would be great thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry but I couldn't answer your question. Neither I nor does anyone in my district use Outlook.

      Delete